25.3.14

Happy Hour At My Favorite Bar

The shirts are in! These are the 1st edition, more to come! Packing up a couple to send to the West Coast and Puerto Rico...

Big thank you to everyone who's supporting the project by buying these.

-

Today was unfortunately another day off from lifting. With track workouts thrown in there along with my Crossfit schedule, the daily soreness is something serious. But the best way to get rid of soreness is to work out more right...? Right.

Lawd.

Got some major bar work going on tomorrow morning:

EMOM 10
Hang Clean + Jerk @85%
AMRAP 5
- 5 DL 165/115
- 5 Hang Cleans
rest 2 min
AMRAP 5
- 5 Thrusters
- 5 Lateral Burpees
It's gonna be spicy. 

I was talking with a friend today about trying out Crossfit for the first time. As usual, the first response to the idea of Crossfit is "it's too hard for me." Not true. It's as hard as you make it. In your first workout, it will hurt some and you'll be a little winded afterwards. That's expected. In an hour or so, you'll feel awesome. It'll get more fun each time you do it, and you'll get better results. Don't get me wrong, if you want something easy, Crossfit is not for you. But if you want a challenge and if you want to surprise yourself with what you're truly capable of doing, it's worth a try.

Tonight I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of time on the foam roller because I am currently walking around my house like a baby deer. I suggest you guys do some mobility too, try focusing on shoulders with the lacrosse ball. Again, check mobilityWOD. 
Notice the pattern in my last couple posts? Mobility is good. Go become a supple leopard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment