27.3.14

Old School


Talk about Throwback Thursday..! One of my neighbors generously gave this bad boy to me for the gym. This is how it was done way back in the day... I'll have to find a special place to put it.

-

If I had taken a selfie this morning, I would post it on Instagram tonight as a #throwbackthursday.
Today's been that long.

Here's what we did during the AM workout...

3 Rounds (not for time):
- 12 HSPU
- 30 DU

Then...

AMRAP 8
- 5 Power Snatch, 95#
- 10 Pushups

Then a nice little 5 minute plank for a cashout.

Lots of pushing, but it turned out to be a pretty decent workout. Tried to hold about a 4" deficit (hands on 45# bumpers, head to floor) for the HSPU sets, but after the 1st 12... Game over. Maybe some other time. Overhead is my biggest weakness so I'm not too bummed.

Speaking of overhead...

14.5 is out!!

21-18-15-12-9-6-3
- Thrusters
- Burpees

Not sure what I think of this one... I feel like the thrusters are going to just kill me. I'll let you guys know Sunday evening.
If you want to come out and support all the people at the gym in Acton, let me know! It's a pretty good time. Nice people and a hyped atmosphere, what else can you ask for?

Regardless of whether you show up and cheer in person, I want to thank all the people who read this blog for your support so far! Halfway to a thousand views in one week - never thought that would happen. This is gonna be big because of you guys! Thank you.

In other news, the shirts are going fast!  There are only 2 larges and 2 mediums left out of the original 13. Shoot me a text if you want me to save you one exceptionally sharp looking and insanely comfortable "think inside the box" t-shirt. (Crossfit gyms are called boxes, for those of you out of the know)

Here's an awesome article I found that really relates to my box and how it's growing and developing. It's definitely worth a read.

http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/35_05_Garage_Gym_II-The_Revolution.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment