24.3.14

RnD


Here's the Zamcave so far! Huge improvements went down this weekend... New sound system, new box, fixed a bunch of little details that just make it a better place, etc. It's all about Research n Development. This is gonna be the place to be.

 Also, the shirts came in! I'll be posting a picture tomorrow... they're pretty slick.

I'm contemplating changing the name of the gym to Zambox. Any thoughts? I think it sounds cool. But then again so does Zamcave. We shall see.

-

So unfortunately yesterday didn't happen. I'm actually kind of glad it didn't. Chilly weather, Sunday afternoon, and still recovering from 14.4 do not make a good combination. I guess it was all for the best. Rest days are important too!

Luckily, a couple of the guys that couldn't make it came up to me today and said they were excited to spend the summer in here, which is going to be unreal. I think the summer is when the Zamcave will go from being a pretty cool garage gym to being a legitimate pain cave with a ton of equipment and "members" ... It'll be good.

Speaking of legitimacy, this is the summer I'm going to get my Level 1 Certification (L1) for Crossfit! It's basically a coaching course, and once I "graduate" I will be able to legally coach Crossfit to anyone, start my own affiliate, etc. That'll be when I start charging people. Just a heads up. L1 is world-class training, and that doesn't come free (to me, that's why I have to charge.)

Since I've basically established the philosophical foundation for Crossfit, the posts from here on out will be mostly WODs, useful information, news, and other goodies for you guys. I'll try to never miss a post like I did yesterday, but it will inevitably happen sometimes. Like I said on Saturday, it's all about balance.

Super quick burner I did today:

15-12-9 backsquat 185#
21-15-9 ring dips

(The reps went 15-21-12-15-9-9)

"Ohh, it's the deep burn." Feeling like Ron Burgundy after that one. It was so quick and painful. I love it. Came in in around 6:05.

Here's an interesting article I found today... Worth the read.

http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/CFJ_Losing_Striffler_FINAL.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment