18.3.14

Just The Beginning

...and the blog is live! I know not too many people (if any) will read this anytime soon, but someday in the future someone might ask, "I wonder where Cam started all this Crossfit madness out of his garage?" and they might just find this.

I decided to start writing this blog because I want to get more serious about operating this gym out of my garage. It sounds laughable, a "serious" garage gym, but I really love helping people improve and I want to do that in the best/most efficient way possible. This blog can be my way of teaching people more without them actually being here, so that when they come over, they are more prepared for what I'm throwing at them.
The gym is no joke. But we'll get to that later.

Another reason I think this blog is a good idea is to keep myself and others accountable. Mostly myself. By posting what I'm doing day to day, I'm "promising" all of my followers (is that what they're called? No too used to blogging lingo) that I'm going to do what I said. I feel like this will really help me out on days where my motivation is lacking or nonexistent. It happens.

By looking at the title, you would probably think that I'm just starting my gym now. If you know me at all, that is far from the truth. I'm always asking people to come workout with me (working out with the guys also helps a lot with motivation & accountability), and I've hosted a ton of group/team workouts here. Since the gym is now expanding a lot with all the new equipment and people, a new sort of organization or structure is in order... So that will be another purpose of the blog. I'll cover that more in the future.

Bottom line, this blog is going to be a way for me to entertain, enlighten, and encourage my followers  and myself.

I hope you'll come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment