27.4.14

Brolov


Redid a lot of the gym today! Exciting stuff. So much more room for activities! *cue Step Brothers theme song*

-

Zamcave. Week 4. Monday. 

Smolov Jr. Week 2. Day IV.

10 x 3 backsquat @ 265

Gonna be tough! High volume heavy squats... do the body good? Hitting that for a morning session.

Honestly some of the days that I've programmed, I haven't been able to fit in the metcon. I feel bad about it until I realize that I'm balancing a Smolov cycle and track practice... So I guess I'll deal with it. Strength is the real journey; stamina and endurance (wod-type stuff) are relatively easier to re-train.

Today after realizing that I have just about reached "logistical perfection" in the gym - that is, I can't improve any more without new equipment - I put together a sort of "gym wish list" if you will.
Here's what I've got:
1. J-cups ($65) expensive, but necessary to fit more guys lifting on the rig outside. 
2. Bench ($175) it's a bench... Need I say more?
3. Wallball targets ($69 ea.) wallballs are an excellent exercise, but there is really nowhere to do them as of now at the gym. The side of the house is a no-go.
4a. Axles ($40) cheap and easy to make, these can add a lot to group workouts if we get a lot of them. However...
4b. HG Collars ($39) HG collars are the only collars that work with axles. Expensive but very necessary.

ZamJam of the night: Down the Road by C2C. 

Enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment