3.4.14

Grassroots


Throwback Thursday. Talk about humble beginnings. A barbell, a couple plates, some improvised equipment, and a little love for Crossfit. Brings a tear to my eye.

-

Shirt sign-ups are up! The more people that sign up, the cheaper they get. Just throw your name up there, more people will follow!

Hit a mini skill/strength sesh with my buddy DJ after track today:

- OHS skill work, lightweight. Got in roughly 4 or 5 sets at about 6 reps each. Big focus on positioning and balance. 

- Front Squats (and jerks, for me)
He did 5x4 across at about 75%, I did 5 complexes of 2 front squats + 1 jerk, going up in weight.

Played around with rope climbs and some other gymnasty stuff afterwards.

Solid bro sesh.

This is the first Thursday evening in 5 weeks that I haven't had to watch Dave Castro dramatically announce the next Open workout! "The clock will save you not" *throws watch* ... Crossfit or WWE wrestling? Who knows. If you watched the 14.5 announcement, you understand.

Now that the Open is over, and hopefully track practice is past the daily vomit-inducing 400 repeats, my Crossfit training season can really start. I was looking at some of the good stuff Outlaw Crossfit has to offer over on their blog. They don't play around. I might have to start doing some of their stuff here... Anyone with me? Also, as you all know by now, workout 1 of the new season is this Saturday. I might have to take a page out of Miranda Olroyd's book for some new blog formatting... We'll see.

As always, work some mobility in there. Try loosening up your T-spine, it's a commonly tight area between the base of your neck and the bottom of your shoulder blades. Spend a good 10 minutes rolling that out, and you'll feel like a million and one bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment