1.4.14

Crunching Numbers


Tried to get an artsy pic of the new bar holder... Not so much. I tried. People ask where I get all the money to make the upgrades all the time. Smart spending, folks. A little thought goes a long way.

-

Shoutout to Joe Neveux for the shoutout this morning! I feel honored to be recognized by such a fella. If Joe advocates it, it's legit. Anyhow, it brought a lot more requests for Z shirts! Unfortunately, I only have two left, and I won't be able to get them to all the people who want them. Fortunately, I made a concept for a new shirt today with the help of some clever guys. I hesitate to say that it will be better than the original... But I won't lie. It will be.

A couple new people asked what the blog is all about today. For the newcomers to the Zamcave experience, my "mission statement" for what this blog has to offer can be found in Just The Beginning. Quality literature. I feel like I've been slacking on the philosophical side of things though. Not to worry, it's coming soon. I think the weekends are more suited for that anyways because I have a lot more time to really sit and bond with the blog. If bonding with a blog is a thing.


Finally got to hit a nice little WOD in the cave today.

The minion made sure I got low on all the squats.

Wendler Backsquat 3x5+

5 reps @ 65% of my Wendler Max (90% of my true max)
5 reps @ 75%
5 reps @ 85%, plus as many reps as possible until failure. I got +7

Calculating the loads was a challenge in and of itself... Confusing stuff.

Then...

EMOM 10
6 strict pullups
4 DB snatch 75# (2 each arm)

Surprising! Not too winded afterwards, but I probably couldn't have continued for much longer... Haven't done DB snatches in a while.

Half of the workout was outside. Pretty nice night for it too. Pumped for the good weather coming!

For those of you coming Saturday, work squat mobility. There are wallballs involved, and if you have a shaky squat, they're gonna hurt. The easier your squat, the easier the wallball. As always, mobilityWOD is the way to go.

Just because I love you all, here's a really good video on loosening up the squat that might surprise you: http://www.mobilitywod.com/2012/02/case-study-tight-ankles-bad-squatting/

No comments:

Post a Comment