19.4.14

Expansion Pack


Did a strength sesh + a little metcon with Joe, who exhibited some remarkable wardrobe choice today. Perfect weather for a WOD too. One on one work was pretty nice, but I can't wait for more people to start coming this summer!

-

Zamcave. Week 3. Sunday.

Rest day. 

I know I've been programming a lot of "rest days", it seems like, but in reality I have not been able to take a day completely off because of track in about a week. So tomorrow I will do so and enjoy it thoroughly. Road trips are good excuses for taking rest days anyways. 

Speaking of track, these past couple weeks in track have been really eye opening as to what kind of mental toughness people around me possess. I always thought I was mentally tough... Until I started really running with the middle distance group. A couple workouts down and I feel like I've broken my perceived max pain threshold on every one. Makes me wonder how they did this all throughout indoor season. I truly respect every single one of them and I have learned a lot of lessons from running with them. It really does come down to how much pain you can put yourself through to improve - and they do it better than anyone else. I'm inspired. 

In other news... HUGE upgrade(s) to the gym today!!! New rack (below) and also a rope (above).


Helping build the new gym over in Acton has its perks. Got a great deal on both of these new things and helped the owner of the others gym get rid of older equipment to make space for (the ungodly amount of) new equipment he has. Exciting stuff. 

On the topic of mental toughness today... Here's a phenomenal article from 2006 on "mental fitness."
Check it out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment